New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.4 - Backing Up my MacMini (Newbie)

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

sibradbury

sibradbury is on a distinguished road

(My apologies for asking what is probably a very basic question!)

I have now basically filled my Mac Mini and I now have an Iomega external drive where I keep all my itunes data.

I'd like to know how to go about backing up all my stuff. Ideally i'd like to just be able to click on something which backs up everything since my previous back up.

Someone mentioned Time Machine to me which I don't have, what are my best/simplest options?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read these mindless witterings......

Simon
QUOTE Thanks
falcontook

falcontook is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.4 Ghz 2GB Ram 200GB Hard drive, Mac Mini 1.5 Intel Core Solo 512Mb Ram

The simplest would be to get leopard so you can use Time Machine. Here is a list of other back-up apps
http://www.pure-mac.com/backup.html
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« when attempting to empty the trash can my G4 reboots!! | Folder icon with question mark »