New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.5 - adding folder/application shortcuts to finder toolbar

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

drunken

drunken is on a distinguished road

been wrapping my head around the whole apple os for the last couple of months and am just getting into customizing various parts of it...

I'm on OS 10.5.4

I would very much like to add some shortcuts onto my finder toolbar for various folders and applications.

I've seen a few posts on how this can be done :

http://lifehacker.com/photogallery/L...Tweaks/1884682
http://lifehacker.com/software/finde...bar-230643.php

but just can't get it working on my finder.
I drag the icons up onto the toolbar but they don't stick in place.

I can right click the finder toolbar and choose customise, this then pops up a window with a few options in it ie delete / add folder / burn / etc... these I can easily drag onto the toolbar and they are added.

However I want to add a few other shortcuts of my own...

Does anyone know how I can get this working please?

big thanks if anyone can help..
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

I don't know what you're doing wrong, but I just tried it by following the directions given from the link you provided and it worked.

I opened "Applications" from the Finder and dragged those shortcuts I wanted to be added to the Finder toolbar. Shortcuts can be removed by right clicking on them and select "remove this item".

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
Noels

Noels has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM

chscag,

At first when I tried it, didn't seem to work. Then I found that by "hovering" the file or app in the row by the "view" bar, the icons that are there seem to separate, and then I could move my app sideways until I found where I wanted to park it. Hovering opened up the spaces that are there beside the view bar and the Quick Look and Action icons.

I placed my most used apps there, as well as the Eject, Info, Burn and Delete icons. Neat. Click on this thumbnail to see what it looks like...

Noel
Attached Images
File Type: png Picture 1.png (23.2 KB, 8 views)
QUOTE Thanks
drunken

drunken is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noels View Post
chscag,

At first when I tried it, didn't seem to work. Then I found that by "hovering" the file or app in the row by the "view" bar, the icons that are there seem to separate, and then I could move my app sideways until I found where I wanted to park it. Hovering opened up the spaces that are there beside the view bar and the Quick Look and Action icons.

I placed my most used apps there, as well as the Eject, Info, Burn and Delete icons. Neat. Click on this thumbnail to see what it looks like...

Noel
brilliant! I just got it to work using this method

thanks very much
QUOTE Thanks
Noels

Noels has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM

drunken,

You're welcome, glad you got it working.

Noel
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« i had a question u knw when you first install leopard it shows that ASWEME VIDEO and | Mac virigin problems.... »