New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.5 - Data Recovery!!! URGENT HELP!!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

miroamarillo

miroamarillo is on a distinguished road

Ok, here's the deal. The other morning (around 4 or 5) I was trying to do a partition in one of my hard drives. I opened Disk Utility and when he ask me to confirm the partition on my 500 GB External HD, I said yes without noticing that he was going to erase all the info (I know, sooooo stupid) Anyways, I bought Data Recovery II, a wonderful tool to recover data and It recovered all my data but Is not respecting file names or archive structure. On the other hand, when I do the thorough scan, I get a CBR structure whit a lot of folders with file extension names (jpg, zip, dng, etc) but all the files, as I said before, have a generic name. Also most of the files are compress in a zip format (.gz) that when I try to decompress it, It really doesn't work. another thing is that the size of this structure is about 2.2 TB. I read that is because the program repeats a lot of files just to be sure, but the thing is that is 10 times bigger than my original structure!! I don`t have a 3TB hard drive to decompress it!! The other thing is that I get a SECOND structure that shows all my folders with the right structure as I had them and the right size (280 GB), but when I try to undelete them or recover them, all the files are corrupt and they don't work. I think is because the structure is in the deleted files of my external HD.

So here are the questions:
-How can I recover my files whit the originak structure?
-Is there a way to combine the two structures to get a good one?
-Is there a way to configure the program in such way that It doesn't compress in zip files and tht it doesn't repeat the media and I can get a right size structure?
-Is there a way to recover the structure intact, or at least part of it?

I know there has to be a way to recover that data in the right form!!

Hope you can help me!!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« OS X Leopard Security Guide | New hard drive: how to set password!?? »