Should I upgrade to Leopard?
    I'm running Tiger on an older macbook. It's a core2Duo macbook that has the GMA950 graphics chipset.

Tiger is running great and I'm not sure it's worth the $130 to upgrade to Leopard. Is there anything I'm missing about Leopard that might tip the scales for me, or should I wait for Snow Leopard?

Specs:
    MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
    If you're not getting the urge and you're happy with Tiger then don't bother. Personally I love spaces, that's a big plus for me. I have an even older macbook (Core Duo) and it's more than capable btw. I only got it because I get so excited when a new version comes out.

Specs:
    17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
    If you don't need spaces or time machine then I'd stick with 10.4 I upgraded cause I always like the freshest OS on my mac. Plus I needed time machine as I didn't backup my data.

But there's always things like Super Duper for tiger if you need backups.

And lastly I know most Apps work with 10.5 now. But just make doubly sure as there still stragglers what aren't 10.5 compliant yet. So if any of the apps you use now don't work with 10.5 then I wouldn't upgrade either. But on the other hand if any apps you are looking at want 10.5 then you'd have to upgrade.

So overall I'd say it's a good upgrade worth the money, but with super duper and good file organisation it's not exactly necessary at the moment I think.

Specs:
    20" 2007 Aluminum iMac 2.0 Ghz | 4 GB ram | 10.6.8
    I bought leopard, $137 and it ran terrible on my imac. 7 days later I reformatted and went back to tiger. I am VERY happy now. Leopard was slow.

I fell for the old marketing trick "must have a latest and greatest"... big mistake.

I will be keeping Tiger for a long time. As long as I can.

Specs:
    Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
    i think you should check out the leopard site,

http://www.apple.com/macosx/

and if there is nothing there that you think is worth 130$ then stick with tiger.

Thanks guys.
    Honestly there are a few Leopard features that seems really useful to me. The whole spacebar preview and fanning out dock being the top of my list. Though thinking about it spaces probably would be handy. I'm pretty good with organizing and heard time machine is super slow so I'm not to thrilled with that feature, although I'm sure it's useful. The only other thing that might be worth the upgrade for me is bootcamp, can't believe apple doesn't offer it for tiger anymore. But having used my mac for over a month now, I'm not sure when I would need to boot to another os, maybe for games, but this machine doesn't have a powerful enough graphics card for that kind of thing and I'm really a once in a blue moon gamer. Not nearly often enough to sacrifice HDD space for another OS. So that really only leaves me with two maybe three minor features in Leopard, and I'm just not sure they are worth the $130 price.

Specs:
    Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
    I bought leopard, $137 and it ran terrible on my imac. 7 days later I reformatted and went back to tiger. I am VERY happy now. Leopard was slow.

I fell for the old marketing trick "must have a latest and greatest"... big mistake.

I will be keeping Tiger for a long time. As long as I can.
    Did you completely erase and install from scratch.

No way on God's green earth should an aluminium iMac have problems with Leopard.

Thread Information