New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Most Mac friendly PDA?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

moabsdad

Hey everybody, anybody have a PDA or know what would be the one that best integrates with OS X? Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
Cloudane

Certainly not a pocketpc in my experience. There are progs out there that will interact with them, but they're not too reliable.

So that leaves Palm based PDAs unless Apple bring out an OS X based Newton or something (which would be a very nice idea! No idea why they don't)
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

At this point neither the PocketPC or Palm is well supported since Palm decided to officially stop making their software for Mac. However both have 3rd parties that make conduits that link them with iSync.

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
moabsdad

Okay, so basically there isn't really anything out there that is good for Macs? What's up with that Apple? Come on, get on the ball, you're getting left behind, and leaving us with you!
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

I wouldn't really say that, and it's not Apple's fault. Talk to the people who actually make the PDA's, they're the ones responsible for making a PDA.

And the PDA market isn't really large and has been stagnant for some time. I don't think Apple's taking a major blow from this although as always, it would be nice if it were more supported.

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
ryanyogan

Alot of people are resorting to web based calendars or pc based. PDA sales are down alot from last christmas. PocketPC in my presonal exp. is a waste and got sold on eBay after a year of no use. A Palm is nice however its nothing that a nice personal organizer wrapped in leather using good ol fashoined pen can't solve. To me inputing data in a Palm is just to much of a task, I can write half a page before I can write 2 sentances in a palm.... Thats just me though
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« This Internet Problem Has Plagued Me Before! | SO Scared I got a virus!!!!! What DO I DO »