New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.4 - iTunes and Time Machine date problem.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

m_leather

m_leather is on a distinguished road

Hello all,

For a while now whenever I sync my ipod touch to itunes (currently 7.7) it 'updates' over 100 items.

I'm not sure what 'updating' even means but I know I haven't played/changed most of the songs it's updating.

Does anyone know what it is updating and why, and how I can stop it? I could understand if it was updating 'last played' or some other data... but it seem to 'update' arbitrarily.

More to the point; if I sync, wait while it 'updates' 100+ items, then unplug. The next time I sync, it will update the same items again. Madness.

Also, this morning when I turned on my Mac time machine backed up over 20GB of data. I know I haven't created or updated 20GB of date between putting the Mac to sleep last night, and turning it on this morning - what on earth was it backing up? Is there a way of view a list of files it backs up?

Thanks in advance,

Matt
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Updating problem? | Is there a way to make a window stay behind all other windows? »