Question struggling with 10.5.3 update
    Hi there, questions from this Newbie Switcher: I've downloaded the 420Mb 10.5.3 update for OS X Leopard, but every time (and i've now tried about 10 times) I try to actually install it, it hangs after a few seconds, showing the progress bar stuck at about 10%. I've left my iMac (2.4Ghz intel, 4Gb) like that for a good while (a few hours in one case) but nothing seems to happen. I've managed to update other recent items, such as iDVD and Garageband and Quicktime, but this OS X update just won't happen....

Anybody got any clues?

How would I get this update removed from my Installer, and download a "fresh" copy? I suspect the install file might be corrupt, as I do remember that the download was interrupted a few times...(the joys of living and computing in a Third World country...I'm in South Africa)

Thanks!

Filip

Specs:
    2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
    Cool
    If you are currently at 10.5 you will need the Mac OS X 10.5.3 Combo Update.

Some times just re-installing with the latest combo update will resolve problems. Try using the combo update.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!

Took me 3 times for the system to finally update correctly for me.
    17" Macbook ProWidescreen Hi Res
    2.6GHz Dual Core 160GB 7200RPM HD4GB RAM
    AirPort Extreme Router
    16GB iPod Touch

Specs:
    3.4 Ghz i7 27 in iMac (2012), 3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone 6+
    Quote Originally Posted by ftaylorparkins View Post
    Hi there, questions from this Newbie Switcher: I've downloaded the 420Mb 10.5.3 update for OS X Leopard, but every time (and i've now tried about 10 times) I try to actually install it, it hangs after a few seconds, showing the progress bar stuck at about 10%. I've left my iMac (2.4Ghz intel, 4Gb) like that for a good while (a few hours in one case) but nothing seems to happen. I've managed to update other recent items, such as iDVD and Garageband and Quicktime, but this OS X update just won't happen....

Anybody got any clues?

How would I get this update removed from my Installer, and download a "fresh" copy? I suspect the install file might be corrupt, as I do remember that the download was interrupted a few times...(the joys of living and computing in a Third World country...I'm in South Africa)

Thanks!

Filip
    I had the same issue with my wife's 2Ghz C2D iMac. I had to use the combo updater from the Apple web site to make it work.

Thread Information