New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.5 - Is there a read receipt in the mail..

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

burcbjk

burcbjk is on a distinguished road

Hi ..

is there any read receipt in the mail like Outlook express. ?

i could not find in the mail ..

pls help

thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

If you mean Mail in OSX, no, it does not do receipts. Mozilla Thunderbird does though. There was another user who asked so I tried Thunderbird and it worked great.

Mac Mail does not handle receipts though. Sorry.
QUOTE Thanks
burcbjk

burcbjk is on a distinguished road

thanks..
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

As was stated in the other thread, read receipt don't work with all e-mail programs. You may use thunderbird and enable read receipt and send our message to a unix system. You will not get a read receipt return message.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
dauber

dauber is a jewel in the roughdauber is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook(3,1): C2D 2.2ghz, 4g RAM, 10.7.5; iMac(12,1): 2.5ghz i5, 16gb RAM, 10.9.1; iPhone5S iOS7.04

Actually, did you see this?

http://email.about.com/od/macosxmail...quest_recp.htm

A couple of caveats:

1) I think the solution here requests receipts for ALL mail, and the only way to disable it is to use the disabling command in the article.

2) I haven't had a chance to test it yet!
QUOTE Thanks
Ricky55

Ricky55 is on a distinguished road

they're annoying anyway i wouldn't use them unless you really need to
QUOTE Thanks
adamhills

adamhills is on a distinguished road

knowing that this thread is kinda old I thought I would try my luck anyway. I came across a mac mail return receipt application at the below address a little while ago;

Return Receipt Request for Mail.app (v. 1.1, Mac OS X 10.4 or newer)

now I need to remove it as it's driving me nuts...anyone got any ideas? (have only been a mac user for about a year now so nothing too technical )

thanks!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Is it possible to remove an icon from the dock but leave it open? | Webpages not rendering correctly »