New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

What benefits/cons 'bout being connected??

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ajresovsky

ajresovsky is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.93GHz Quad-core Intel Xeon processor RuningSnoLeopard v 10.6.4 DDRe

You know, albeit my editing digital photos/graphics being the reason I put three
grand down ona G5, I was thinking: I have a pc for internet things, with these
scammer, virusues and adware getting in your system, and realizing it's gonna get a lot worse and more sophisticated, maybe I should set aside the MAC for artwork? Whatcha think? :mad:
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajresovsky
You know, albeit my editing digital photos/graphics being the reason I put three
grand down ona G5, I was thinking: I have a pc for internet things, with these
scammer, virusues and adware getting in your system, and realizing it's gonna get a lot worse and more sophisticated, maybe I should set aside the MAC for artwork? Whatcha think? :mad:
If you are asking what I think you are asking....then yeah, you would be better off just using your Mac for your photo work and your everyday internet use. I agree that it is just too much work to keep a Windows PC secure enough for internet use. That is why none of the Windows boxes I have are equipped with modems or NICs. Windows is good for some things, just not the internet.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
ajresovsky

ajresovsky is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.93GHz Quad-core Intel Xeon processor RuningSnoLeopard v 10.6.4 DDRe

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3v1L80Y
If you are asking what I think you are asking....then yeah, you would be better off just using your Mac for your photo work and your everyday internet use. I agree that it is just too much work to keep a Windows PC secure enough for internet use. That is why none of the Windows boxes I have are equipped with modems or NICs. Windows is good for some things, just not the internet.

However, is that a indictment of Wintel and a Mac will not suffer the same?
QUOTE Thanks
torchy

torchy is a jewel in the roughtorchy is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 13" MBA. 15" MBP. iPhone 4. 3G Pad 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajresovsky
However, is that a indictment of Wintel and a Mac will not suffer the same?
There are No real viruses for Mac, No ad-ware or spyware either which is why I use my Mac for the Internet & Work and the XP is only connected to upload & download Work Units for Folding@Home.

If you use M$ Office or VPC on your Mac then those M$ programs can be affected by Word Macros / Viruses etc but the Mac itself isn't.
I use NeoOfficeJ (FreeWare) instead of M$ Office, so there's No M$ software on my Mac, Sorry, maybe IE is still around somewhere :miner: Never use it.
http://trinity.neooffice.org/modules.php?name=Forums

~ 13" MacBook Air. OSX 10.9 ~ iPad 2 & iPhone ~
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Questions about updating to Tiger... | No Sound On Macox 10.3 »