carbon copy clone to my internal drive wont boot
    i installed 10.5 on an external firewire drive, and can boot from it, everything is good. but now i wanted to copy that drive to my internal to switch my laptop over. so i carbon copy cloned my external volume to my "macintosh hd" while booted from the external drive. it said it would be bootable, but when i restarted, it gave me the "you must restart your computer" screen with all the different languages, and a bunch of text refferring to kernals and what not. do i have to go about it a different way? im afraid ive done something wrong. any help would be much appreciated. thanks!!!

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Quote Originally Posted by asmonica View Post
    i installed 10.5 on an external firewire drive, and can boot from it, everything is good. but now i wanted to copy that drive to my internal to switch my laptop over. so i carbon copy cloned my external volume to my "macintosh hd" while booted from the external drive. it said it would be bootable, but when i restarted, it gave me the "you must restart your computer" screen with all the different languages, and a bunch of text refferring to kernals and what not. do i have to go about it a different way? im afraid ive done something wrong. any help would be much appreciated. thanks!!!
    I know the developer of SuperDuper had quite a bit of trouble adapting to the changes introduced with 10.5. CCC is very similar, but I don't know if it has been fully updated to work with Leopard yet. I would try SuperDuper instead - it has yet to fail me.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Specs:
    27" 5K iMac, 3.3GHz, 256GB Flash Storge, 16GB memory and OS X.11.3.
    Was the internal drive Apple Partition Map formatted prior to cloning?

You can always do an erase and install assuming you have the Leopard install disk and transfer files over from the external.

And yes good advice from cwa107 - SuperDuper is the best program for copying.

Thread Information