New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.5 - Stuck in Login-loop after recent software update - Please help!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

aloc_acoc

aloc_acoc is on a distinguished road

Hello all,

I'm using iMac G5 17", MacOSX leopard.

The health of my iMac G5 has been well all along, until a few days ago after I performed an software update and it restarted. After entering my login and password at the login page (there are 2 user accounts), it loads everything as usual for a few seconds, but then comes back to the login page and requests me to login again and again, so I am now stuck in this login loop.

Could anyone please help me sort out what's happening, and tell me what the recent software update is about?

Lots of thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
mac57

mac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, 256 GB SSD, 2 TB HDD, 8 GB RAM

Does it behave this way with BOTH user accounts, or just one of them? If both, I am not sure what to suggest, other than re installing Mac OS X, since you never actually "get control of" the Mac long enough to do anything.

If one of the two accounts works, your simplest path of action may be to simply create a new account for yourself, move all of your files over from the old one, and start again.

My Macs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, Mac Pro 3.2 GHz, PowerMac G5 Quad 2.5 GHz, G4 Cube with 1.2 GHz Upgrade
My iStuff: 64GB iPhone 5, 64GB iPad4, 30GB iPod Video, 16GB iPod Touch
My OS': Mac OS X Lion, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Mac OS X Tiger, Mac OS 9.2.2, openSUSE 10.3
I was on the Mac-Forums honor roll for September 2007
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« bare-metal recovery backup for a Mac | Pre-Leopard programs won't open! »