Problem with OS X 10.4.11 Intel Update
    I'm a relatively new MAC user. Last winter I attempted to download the OS X Update (Intel) update for my Macbook Pro which consequently destroyed my harddrive and apparently threw my airport connectivity to my wireless internet out of wack. After getting my hard drive replaced, I waited a few months before I tried running the update one more time. Everything seemed to have worked just fine until I came home a few days ago. I was unable to receive internet with 10.4.11 as opposed to my flawless connection while I used 10.4.10. Any ideas as to what is going wrong? I've called Apple three times about this and nobody seems to be able to give me a straight answer.

I was instructed to do an archive re-install and now I'm set back to 10.4.10 again for the second time. I'm nervous to run the update again in fear that my airport won't connect once again or another underlying problem comes up again. Thoughts?

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Quote Originally Posted by morningmasume View Post
    I'm a relatively new MAC user. Last winter I attempted to download the OS X Update (Intel) update for my Macbook Pro which consequently destroyed my harddrive and apparently threw my airport connectivity to my wireless internet out of wack. After getting my hard drive replaced, I waited a few months before I tried running the update one more time. Everything seemed to have worked just fine until I came home a few days ago. I was unable to receive internet with 10.4.11 as opposed to my flawless connection while I used 10.4.10. Any ideas as to what is going wrong? I've called Apple three times about this and nobody seems to be able to give me a straight answer.

I was instructed to do an archive re-install and now I'm set back to 10.4.10 again for the second time. I'm nervous to run the update again in fear that my airport won't connect once again or another underlying problem comes up again. Thoughts?
    Can you tell us a little more about your wireless network? What kind of router do you use (make and model) and what kind of security is it set to use? Is it broadcasting SSID?
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Specs:
    iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5
    Some info for Update/Installation problems.
    http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=106692
    When all else fails, try everything!
    The Rep System and you.
    Life's a joke...If you're not laughing, then you didn't get it.

June 2008

Thread Information