New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

10.1 to 10.1.5 update problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

dipper

dipper is on a distinguished road

I'm trying to update to 10.1.5. My Software Update is saying my software is
up-to-date, so I have to manually install. From the Apple site, I've
gathered that I have to first install the Security Update 7-18-02. Which I
have done. When I try to install 10.1.5, I get the message "Installer Update is
required for this update." Well Apple says Security Update should have
updated the Installer and NOT to go back and install any previous versions
of the Installer. I've done everything in the correct order according to the Chart of Available Software Updates. Any ideas?
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

You are using the Mac OS X Combo Update 10.1.5 to do the update?

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
dipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rman
You are using the Mac OS X Combo Update 10.1.5 to do the update?
Yes, that's what I've tried. Just for kicks I tried 10.1.3 as well. No go.
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

All I can think of is down load a fresh security update and re-install it. Just in case there was something wrong with the previous update.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
dipper

Quote:
All I can think of is down load a fresh security update and re-install it. Just in case there was something wrong with the previous update.
Life is beautiful. Thank you so much rman
QUOTE Thanks
rman

No problem, glad I was able to help

QUOTE Thanks
R0B3RTL

Quote:
No problem, glad I was able to help
I'm having the same problem on an iMac. Downloading a fresh security update doesn't help. Any thoughts?

edit: This is on a 233MHz G3 iMac with a CD tray (not slot loading). It has 288 MB RAM. The machine ID is 406.

This issue came to light when the new HP 6210 all-in one wouldn't print. It needs OS 10.1.5. I had loaded 10.1 and the security update and a copy of IE 5.2.3 then loaded the HP software. The HP installer told me that the right system software was not in place.

I'm going to start over with a re-load of 10.1 and see if I can make any headway from there.

Robert
QUOTE Thanks
KevinFarr

KevinFarr is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Green iMac G3, 512MB RAM, 40GB, 450MHz, DVD-Rom ; iBook G3 800Mhz, 384MB RAM, DVD-R/W, Airport Card

I am having the same problem. I have Mac OS X 10.1 installed, I installed the security update 7-18-02, and when I try to install the Installer Update, I can get to the place to select the drive, and my drive is grayed out.

I am trying to install the Mac OS X 10.1.5 combo update. I am sort of new to the Mac OS, seeing as how I ran Debian on this iMac I got. By the way, my Mac is an iMac G3 450MHz with 512MB, slot loading DVD-Rom of course; The green one.

Any insight on this would be of great help.

Thanks.
Kevin.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Locking Documents Folder? | I have no clue what is going on »