New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.4 - Repair start up disk?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

sunshine1686

sunshine1686 is on a distinguished road

I wanted to run OnyX but it said something that I had to repair the start up disk? What would cause this? Should I do it? (it says something about using a Mac OX cd/dvd). Will I lose all my stuff on my computer?

I'm so bad with computers

Help please!
QUOTE Thanks
PapaNoHair

PapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nice

I cannot answer for your computer but I just downloaded the same program a few hours ago and got the same message. I followed the instructions and fixed the problem and have had no problems.
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS 10.10.1

Sunshine use your install DVD that Tiger came with, insert DVD and reboot holding down 'C'. When it boots go to Utilities.Disk Utility and run Repair Disc. It will give a report and hopefully say all is well and repaired.

You will not lose anything UNLESS you select 'Erase and Install' and not Utilities.
QUOTE Thanks
cNK

cNK has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Mac Specs: WhiteBook (2.16GHz C2D - 2GB RAM - 120GB HDD - OS X Tiger)

I just had to go through it for the first time a few hours ago.
Worked fine, now everything seems to be ok.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Where is this file?! | Problems with data dvd »