10-25-2004, 11:38 PM #1jchaeGuestBootable back up cd of Apple Restore CD
I understand that Microsoft allows people to make legit bootable backup copies of Windows XP. I tried to do this with my Apple Restore cd for my Powerbook G4 but failed. I thought that just making an image of the cd and then burning it through Disk Copy would work but it doesn't recognize the disc after reboot even though I hold down C. I'm not trying to pirate the CD or anything, I just have a habit of losing things often because I move around a lot. Thanks for the help.
10-26-2004, 02:33 AM #2
- Member Since
- Nov 04, 2003
- Southern Indiana
- Mac Pro Quad Xeon 2.66GHz 3GB RAM, G4 Quicksilver w/Sonnet 1GHz Encore ST, 1ghz G4 Powerbook
I found these instructions at another site, maybe they can help. If all else fails you can copy & burn it in Toast.
1. Launch Disk Utility (in the Applications: Utilities folder).
2. Insert the first Panther CD, and when its icon appears in the left side of the Disk Utility, select Mac OS X Install Disc 1.
3. Click on the New Image button at the top of the Disk Utility window and, in the resulting sheet, name the file (Panther 1, for example); then select DVD/CD Master from the Image Format pop-up menu. Don't change the None setting in the Encryption pop-up menu.
4. Click on Save and eat half a snack while Disk Utility creates an image of the disc.
5. Select the image and click on the Burn button.
6. Insert a blank CD-R and enjoy the other half of your snack while Disk Utility burns and verifies your disc.
7. Repeat for all the other Panther discs that you want to back up.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By Sjeh in forum OS X - Operating SystemReplies: 3Last Post: 08-25-2012, 04:09 PM
By anmckenn in forum OS X - Operating SystemReplies: 16Last Post: 02-22-2010, 07:11 AM
By mk12 in forum OS X - Operating SystemReplies: 1Last Post: 08-09-2009, 03:55 PM
By mini1 in forum OS X - Operating SystemReplies: 23Last Post: 08-29-2008, 04:53 PM
By mattblack in forum OS X - Operating SystemReplies: 2Last Post: 01-31-2008, 05:40 PM