New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.4 - System Crash? or not

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

kepriad

kepriad is on a distinguished road

I have G4 iMac 1.25 Ghz pre installed with 10.2.7 which i upgraded to 10.4.10 last year. The problem is i recently purchased leopard & tried to installed it on my system but the very first action it did was "checking DVD for its consistency" i let it checked & didnt skip the process but after 100% the new message popup saying "the action couldnt performed because the system has not installed 10.4 or later"?????

Actually the problem started a week earlier when i was trying to recover my friend's data from his harddisk connected with my computer through USB cable, (only HD not the whole system through Firewire). I was burning his data on DVD & unfortunately the power went off (Because of electricity cut off in my area).
After that incident whenever i started my system i could not see many of the icons but only names (mostly the files i'd created, but also some system icon)
So i tried to repair it through disk utility but i was able to use only "Verify disk" which said that the disk needs to be repaired but i couldny use the "repair disk" option because it was deemed.
That was the reason i bought 10.5 & tried to installed(upgrade) OS but it said that i dont have 10.4 installed on it.

The main problem right now is My computer doesnt start up, i can only see apple logo on middle of the screen & one little line rounds up just below the logo making circle & after around 1.5 minutes it shuts down

Please help me ?
QUOTE Thanks
Soulwar

Soulwar is just really niceSoulwar is just really niceSoulwar is just really niceSoulwar is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5

Some info on how Disk Utility works.

Upgrading doesn't work as well as the other options, especially when you already have problems. I would recommend the "Erase and Install". Anything you want to keep, back up before you start.
Follow this link for installing.

When all else fails, try everything!
The Rep System and you.
Life's a joke...If you're not laughing, then you didn't get it.

June 2008

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Need help with VNC | Upgrading 2 iMac G3s »