System Crash? Need Help !!!!!!!
    I have G4 iMac 1.25 Ghz pre installed with 10.2.7 which i upgraded to 10.4.10 last year. The problem is i recently purchased leopard & tried to installed it on my system but the very first action it did was "checking DVD for its consistency" i let it checked & didnt skip the process but after 100% the new message popup saying "the action couldnt performed because the system has not installed 10.4 or later"?????

Actually the problem started a week earlier when i was trying to recover my friend's data from his harddisk connected with my computer through USB cable, (only HD not the whole system through Firewire). I was burning his data on DVD & unfortunately the power went off (Because of electricity cut off in my area).
    After that incident whenever i started my system i could not see many of the icons but only names (mostly the files i'd created, but also some system icon)
    So i tried to repair it through disk utility but i was able to use only "Verify disk" which said that the disk needs to be repaired but i couldny use the "repair disk" option because it was deemed.
    That was the reason i bought 10.5 & tried to installed(upgrade) OS but it said that i dont have 10.4 installed on it.

The main problem right now is My computer doesnt start up, i can only see apple logo on middle of the screen & one little line rounds up just below the logo making circle & after around 1.5 minutes it shuts down

Please help me ?

Estero, FL
    iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5
    Some info on how Disk Utility works.

Upgrading doesn't work as well as the other options, especially when you already have problems. I would recommend the "Erase and Install". Anything you want to keep, back up before you start.
    Follow this link for installing.
    When all else fails, try everything!
    The Rep System and you.
    Life's a joke...If you're not laughing, then you didn't get it.

June 2008

Thread Information