New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.5 - Screen sharing remotely, possible?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

like_mike

like_mike is on a distinguished road

Hey All,

I was wondering if it was possible for me to connect to my mac at home from a windows machine at work, and screen share? So effectively i could be sat at work whilst having full access to my mac at home.

Does anyone have any idea if it is possible, and if it is, any links or info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Mike
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.9, iPhone5s, iPad Air, AppleTV2

Quote:
Originally Posted by like_mike View Post
Hey All,

I was wondering if it was possible for me to connect to my mac at home from a windows machine at work, and screen share? So effectively i could be sat at work whilst having full access to my mac at home.

Does anyone have any idea if it is possible, and if it is, any links or info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Mike
Have a look at logmein free

It's secure and free for the basic version.

mrplow

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
giulio

giulio is just really nicegiulio is just really nicegiulio is just really nicegiulio is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iPod Touch | iPod Nano

If you know how to configure your router at home, take a look at the FAQ section of the forums. It tells you how to do so.

schweb This has to be one of the best threads ever in MF history...
Cherokee This gets my vote for most innovative thread on Mac-Forums... ever.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Need help with Scripting for folder action | Will deleting my 'main' administrator account cause much problems? »