New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

MacBook - Can't drag & drop from disk images on my Mac?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

deathtolife04

deathtolife04 is an unknown at this point

After hooking up my new external hard drive to my macbook, I realized that whenever I put CD-Rs or DVD-Rs in, the "no changes" icon (pencil with a line through it) appears, meaning I can't drag & drop anything from them into the external hard drive, or the desktop, or any folders or anything. This was a problem for me as I wanted to get info from CDs onto my new external hard drive. I messed around with "ownership & permission" and "details" and all that jazz, but nothing worked.

For some reason, it would let me drag stuff into iTunes and iPhoto. I was able to put my movies into iTunes/iPhoto, then get them from there onto my external hard drive.

Took twice as long, but it worked.

Then today I realized that whenever I try to download applications that come in disk images, the no changes icon appears then, too so I can't download most applications.

It also won't me repair permissions in disk utility.

Why is this no changes icon popping up that prevents me from dragging & dropping and what do I do to get rid of it?!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« HD icon disappeared. | Folder Icons »