New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.5 - .mac won't sync bookmarks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

markwco

markwco is on a distinguished road

I have a problem where .mac won't sync bookmarks but syncs everything else.
To explain my situation I had a problem with my MBP where because of some bad memory I started having a lot of problems with OS X even after fixing the memory. I decided to do a fresh install of OS X so used .mac to sync all my ical, mail, bookmarks, etc. to my Mac Pro. I did this and I checked and everything including bookmarks synced fine to my Mac Pro. After I reinstalled OS X Leopard on my MBP I then did the sync again to sync everything back.
Initially everything synced fine except for bookmarks and mail. This was last night and I tried it several times. I did another sync this morning, first from my Mac Pro to .mac and then .mac to the MBP and this time it synced all my email accounts but still has not synced by Safari bookmarks.
I did some reading online and did see mention of a problem with the Safari 3.1 and also OS X 10.5.2. I know my Mac Pro was a 10.5.2 but my MBP at that time was 10.5.1. I also used Safari 3.0 but believe my Mac Pro had already been upgraded to Safari 3.1.
Any idea how I can fix this? In a worse case is there a way I can manually copy my Safari bookmarks over?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« DivX and System Preferences | Wrong Time »