New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.5 - I can't find my External HD!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

nclester

nclester is on a distinguished road

Ever since I upgraded to Leopard, I haven't been able to find my external hard drive. I plug the **** thing in, and I have to use the Finder>Go>Go to Folder...>External HD

It's a real PIA. The external is formatted to Mac OSX Journaled. Like I said, I'm running 10.5 and the hard drive is home made, like I bought a case and threw an old hard drive in there. It's 120GB

I even copied the autorun file from my brothers Westen Digital My Book. Still didn't work.

Any ideas?
QUOTE Thanks
AlyciaAnimation

AlyciaAnimation has a spectacular aura about

In the finder preferences check that in the general tab you have external disks to show on the desktop and in the sidebar tab you select external disks.
QUOTE Thanks
nclester

nclester is on a distinguished road

AA, thanks for the input. I actually did that twenty minutes before I posted this, checked my prefs. Every thing is in order there, and still no luck.
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4

Do as suggested and reboot. Then try Startup Disk in System Preferences and see if it is there.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Print Selection *Nave Question* | external hard drive not showing up on AFP server »