New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.5 - just got Leopard, giving me problems. HELP!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ClutchNY

ClutchNY is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 17" 2.16Ghz

so, i just got leopard and couldnt wait to install it. try to do it but it keeps getting stuck on the "blue screen of death" (boot up screen). has anyone had this sort of problem? HELP!
QUOTE Thanks
Soulwar

Soulwar is just really niceSoulwar is just really niceSoulwar is just really niceSoulwar is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5

First, how were you doing the install? (erase and install, archive, etc..)
Did the install finish or freeze during install?

When all else fails, try everything!
The Rep System and you.
Life's a joke...If you're not laughing, then you didn't get it.

June 2008

QUOTE Thanks
ClutchNY

No I got the Leopard cd and am trying to boot from the disc to install it over my current Tiger. It starts to read from the CD making all sorts of noise from the cd drive as it goes to the boot screen. Then all the 'cd reading noise' stops and it just hangs on that screen with the loading animation under the apple still going endlessly. Nothing else happens and I don't know what to do. I just have to reboot and go back into Tiger... I've got no ideas what it could be.

Please help. Thanks for the time.
QUOTE Thanks
Soulwar

Soulwar is just really niceSoulwar is just really niceSoulwar is just really niceSoulwar is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5

Is this a retail Leopard install disk?

When all else fails, try everything!
The Rep System and you.
Life's a joke...If you're not laughing, then you didn't get it.

June 2008

QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Is this a brand new factory Leopard DVD? No scratches?
QUOTE Thanks
ClutchNY

no, its not brand new...but it doesnt have any scratches.
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4 and OS X.10

Is this disc a full retail install disc, black color , or have you got a specific system restore disc from someone which is grey?
QUOTE Thanks
ClutchNY

its "grey"
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

It sounds to me, that you have a recovery disk for another system. I suggest you get a full install media. It should be a black disk as was suggested earlier.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Installing someone else's copy | Two Questions »