New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.5 - Upgrade or No Upgrade: Leopard

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

XMARLTONX

XMARLTONX has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 3.06 iMac i3|12GB|500GB

So I have been thinking of upgrading to Leopard. At first I wasn't too impressed, however I now have the need for some windows only software.

I could get Parallels or VM Fusion, but it seems Leopard has boot camp and a ton of other features, and it doesn't hurt to be up to date.

I was mostly worried about it slowing down my macbook (2.0ghz 2gb ram intel core 2 duo) and toast 8 not working with it, although I dont know if there are issues with that.

Basically I was wondering, does anyone have any great praise for leopard, or does anyone wish they never upgraded?

3.06 i3 iMac | 500 GB | 12 GB | 10.7
1.25 DP MDD | 480 GB | 512 MB | 10.5.8
1.6 SP G5 | 80 GB | 2 GB | 10.5.8
iPhone 4 White | 16GB
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4 and OS X.10

Find Leopard fast, responsive and rock solid, although my advice to anyone needing to use Windows software is set up a cheap PC laptop such as a Dell Latitude Pentium 4 with 2GHz processor. Can get them for about $250.00.
QUOTE Thanks
MacRenegade

MacRenegade is on a distinguished road

I regret I didn't upgrade earlier!

Breaking Benjamin | Korn | Three Days Grace | Seether | Chevelle | Dope | Adema | Rage Against The Machine | Limp Bizkit
QUOTE Thanks
Rambaud

Rambaud is on a distinguished road

It will depend on your individual circumstances.

I have both but prefer Panther (just), and have reverted to Panther on my internal drive with Leopard on my external drive.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Can't Boot into OS X, but can Windows | Tiger or Leopard faster on Core Duo Macbook »