New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.5 - Back to my Mac errr

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

hotskate

hotskate has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Mac Specs: 15 Macbook Pro, Core 2 Duo, 2.4GHz, 4GB, 160GB HD

Okay so my MBP is all set up and on and has the screen sharing enabled and i am at my girlfriends who has a MBP also i signed into my .mac account on her computer. I go to the finder and see my laptop i go to screen sharing and it asks for a user name and password.... WEIRD now what?
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotskate View Post
Okay so my MBP is all set up and on and has the screen sharing enabled and i am at my girlfriends who has a MBP also i signed into my .mac account on her computer. I go to the finder and see my laptop i go to screen sharing and it asks for a user name and password.... WEIRD now what?
What is your username and password on your mac? That is what it wants.
QUOTE Thanks
hotskate

i dont have a password on my computer ugh this isnt working
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

You have no administrator password on your Mac? You should. I have never tried it from another location but here on my network that is what it's asking for and it works great.
QUOTE Thanks
hotskate

i can sign in and access my hard drive and stuff but cant do the screen sharinggg
QUOTE Thanks
hotskate

this is driving me nuts
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotskate View Post
this is driving me nuts
On your Mac at home do you have remote management checked in the Sharing? It's running Leopard correct?
QUOTE Thanks
hotskate

yea both
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Leopard Spaces Bug | Gen 1 intel iMac help »