New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.5 - Duplicated Apple menu's options

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Bendal

Bendal is on a distinguished road

Hello !

Something strange happens to my computer today. Every single object I select with my cursor (the ''active zone'', if you know what I mean), is now outline with big black lines. This could be textbox in Firefox or MSN, desktop icons, buttons, the list of emails (in mail), anything. I of course try rebooting my computer, and when accessing my Apple menu, some options are duplicated. There is two ''Restart'', ''Log Out'' and ''Shut Down'', but one of each est followed by ''...''. the same thing happens in the finder menu, ''Empty Thrash'' and ''Secure Empty Thrash''.

I was doing nothing special when this occurs. My system is also up to date. If anyone know what could be the source of all that, it would be much appreciate ! Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
puaerotch

puaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: iBook G4 OSX Tiger

Its the VoiceOver function. Apple+F5 should fix both problems.

Ridiculous- adjective: deserving or inviting derision or mockery; absurd. ex. It is ridiculous how many people think the word ridiculous is spelled with an 'e'.
QUOTE Thanks
Bendal

Bendal is on a distinguished road

OMG ! I feel so dumb right now ! Thanks a lot
QUOTE Thanks
WolfsBane

WolfsBane will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 20" iMac 2.4GHz w/ WD My Book 500GB HDD. MacBook Pro 2.4GHz. iPhone 5, white, 16 Gigs.

You have to be able to experiment and find how things work in your computer. Never feel afraid to try things out, and if something happens and you don't know how to reset it, that is why forums such as this exists, the only exception being the system files. They really should be left alone. I've been working with computers for a long, long time, and I never feel dumb about getting on a site and asking questions about a potential issue, that often turns out to be something simple to fix. ;-)

Hope Springs Eternal
Welcome... to the house of Rock and Jazz!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Help with automation of Print installing | Spotlight and Finder »