New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

OS 10.4 - About this Mac> "more info" button not clickable?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

djroue

djroue is on a distinguished road

I'm using 10.4.11, mbpro and when I click on "about this mac" from the apple menu it brings up the appropriate screen providing info on processor, memory, startup disk...

However, the "more info" button is not clickable. I need to get info on my system! This is a new problem, it has worked for me in the past.

Has anyone ever seen or heard of such a problem?
QUOTE Thanks
Eric559

Eric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: 2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.

Go to Applications > System Utilities > System Profiler

That's what the "More Info" button opens

Member Of The Month for December '08.
It's only the internet!
QUOTE Thanks
Liddz

Liddz is on a distinguished road

I've got the same problem I've just noticed this. Yeath I was previously able to get all the technical data about My Macbook Pro with out having to look on the box that I bought it in from the Apple store by clicking on about this Mac located in the left hand corner of the upper screen after clicking on the apple icon. Now when I click on about this Mac I'm no longer able to get detailed info about my Mac by clicking the more info button. I have to now look on to the technical info found on the side of the box that I purchased the Macbook Pro in. Please some one help me I got this problem too. I'm running Mac OS X version 10.5.8 on an intel chip Mac with a 2.6 GHZ core 2 duo

I got 4GB of Ram installed
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS 10.10.1

Try running Repair Permissions and advise if there is any change.
QUOTE Thanks
Weisy14

Weisy14 is on a distinguished road

i had this same problem to. if you have the mac tracker app downloaded then this button will not work. once i deleted mine it worked again
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weisy14 View Post
i had this same problem to. if you have the mac tracker app downloaded then this button will not work. once i deleted mine it worked again
That's not true. Mactracker has nothing whatsoever to do with the "more info" option. I and many others use Mactracker every day and it has never interfered with "more info". Something else was going on with your machine but it wasn't Mactracker's fault.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Intermittantly slow internet macbook mystery | program disappears from my screen »