New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Development and Darwin Discussion and questions about development for Mac OS X.

computer is stuck at darwin Login. Cube G4 Security Login.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

tinaloco

tinaloco is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2Powerbooks, 4 iMacs, 1 ipad, 2 iphones

Help, A friend & Computer wizard gave us his cube and we are really stuck. We left all his securities and login's as was because he travels for work and he could not remember his passwords he set up on it years ago. The computer is used for the net and word processing only for the kids homework requirements.
My DH ran some auto updates and one was a securities update(We think). notw the computer is at Darwin Login. I have no idea what to do at this level and Our Friend is working in Europe and he hasn't replied to our e-mail.
The only install disk I have are panther.
What should I do.
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

Two questions: Do you have another system (Apple) and what version of the OS are you tunning on the cube?

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
tinaloco

Ok... the cube 10.4. I think. Yes, We have a ibook 900MHz PowerPC G3 with 640SDRAM, A PowerBook G4 1.5GHz with 512 SDRAM & my wallstreet with system 9. Both Powerbooks are used for business. The only install disk we have are the original Panther(which don't seem to work at all and the Powerbook 10.4 DVD's that don't want to work.(We finally upgraded the G4 at a local shop and their "CD's" worked fine, but the DVD's would not?(Relates to a post you replied to for me the day before yesterday.
Thanks Much!
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

You can try to connect the system that has the darwin display and a target disk using target mode. Connect the two system together with a firewire cable. The system with the darwin screen, boot and press the t key and hold it until you get the firewire logo. Bott the other system, when it comes you you should see the other system mounted on the desktop. Down load what ever version of the combo updater for the system with the darwin screen. Then install it on the mounted disk (from with in the install/update application to the darwin disk to install on). I believe that will get you back up and going again.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
tinaloco

Okay... I don't have $$ to burn right now but maybe the 50 to 70$ is worth it having someone else do it.
I don't think my DH will let be use the business machines, Will my Wallstreet do it?
Thanks,
Tina.
QUOTE Thanks
rman

If your wallstreet has a firewire port it might work.

QUOTE Thanks
tinaloco

thank you.
Tina.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Query Regarding iMovieFile Format Struture Information | Questions about COBOL »