New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Development and Darwin Discussion and questions about development for Mac OS X.

ColdFusion on Intel Macs

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Richie_Gecko

Richie_Gecko is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" MacBook Pro

If any of you have attempted to install ColdFusion on an Intel Mac, you probably feel my pain. There is absolutely no way for the standard install to automatically configure Apache for ColdFusion. There is also no officially documented way to do this manually on the Intel Macs. So where does that leave us proud Intel Mac owners? Well, it left me pulling out my hair for the past few days. I swear, I almost threw my MacBook against the wall at least five or six times.

THE COLDFUSION PEOPLE AT ADOBE SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES FOR PUTTING DEVELOPERS THROUGH THIS CRAP!

Well, I am once again friends with my MacBook, and I'm almost done cursing Adobe. Why? Because I found a FANTASTIC blog post that answered all of my questions.

http://blog.webmages.com/geek/cfmx-on-intel-macs/

Hopefully, this will help those of you who are having the same difficulties I had.

Mac: White MacBook; 2.0 Core Duo; 2GB RAM; 100GB 7200 RPM; 20" Cinema Display
PC: 64 x2 Dual Core 5200+, 2 GB RAM, 320GB 7200RPM SATA, GeForce 7600GT 128MB
Car: 2008 Toyota Prius w/ Lots of Goodies
On the Internets: Flickr | My Site
QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

NanoBite is an unknown at this point

I feel your pain ... it's exactly the same with Elgato EyeTV products ... except your talking about installation and I'm referring to troubleshooting.
QUOTE Thanks
giulio

giulio is just really nicegiulio is just really nicegiulio is just really nicegiulio is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iPod Touch | iPod Nano

CF on unix is a pain in the butt, unless you learned it that way. I learned on a Windows server. So 7 years later I was working on a Unix install. It took me several hours to figure out that Application.cfm is case sensitive because it's unix!!

schweb This has to be one of the best threads ever in MF history...
Cherokee This gets my vote for most innovative thread on Mac-Forums... ever.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Cross Platform Menus | Cobol »