New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Development and Darwin Discussion and questions about development for Mac OS X.

Installer package

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

badmuthahubbard

badmuthahubbard is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: B&W G3, 400 MHz, 10.3; 2 GHz Gateway with WinXP and Debian Linux dual-boot

I have a program that I wrote that I want to distribute. It runs in Pure Data, which is a free open-source programming environment. So essentially people will have to run Pure Data and then open my program in it. Fortunately, Pure Data is totally free, in that I may copy it and distribute it with my program. I already created an installer for Windows that puts all the files in the right directories and then runs a batch file to tell Pure Data to open my file, so the user only has to click one thing to run my patch.

Is there a way to do this in OSX? I'm overwhelmed with too much info on OSX on the internet, and little on making installers.
Thanks.

-Chuckk
QUOTE Thanks
surfwax95

surfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15" Powerbook G4 24" iMac iPhone 3Gs

The Mac OS X Developer tools include a program that eases the making of packages.

They are on your Install disks.

I try to Command+Shift+/ when I can.
They're - Their - There | Two - Too - To | You're - Your | MAC - Mac
I was on the M-F honor roll for October, 2006.
QUOTE Thanks
badmuthahubbard

Mac Specs: B&W G3, 400 MHz, 10.3; 2 GHz Gateway with WinXP and Debian Linux dual-boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfwax95
The Mac OS X Developer tools include a program that eases the making of packages.

Unfortunately, I'm using university computers. I figured out how to write a short shell file to start my program, but this still has to be started from the command line, and it doesn't seem to work all the time.
QUOTE Thanks
badmuthahubbard

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfwax95

I figured out how to create a .command file that I can click to execute; but it doesn't know the folder from which it was called, only the home folder of the current user; and it won't allow me to pass startup flags to the application I'm opening.
I don't know where my users will put the folder with all this stuff, so I'd like to make the commandline know where the folder is. Is there any way to do this in a .command file?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« need help openoffice.0rg install for osx 10.4.7 | cannot find lock file for serial device »