New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Development and Darwin Discussion and questions about development for Mac OS X.

Compiling to a binary?

Thread Closed

ke5aux

I have a question that I have googled before but I still can not find a solid answer.
Say I downloaded a source code package for a program. It says that the following cod can be compiled and run on Linux and OS X. The software comes with instructions to first run the command "configure" and then the command "make".
Ok, so, I get to the right directory, run the configure command. That works fine, or at least I think so. Then I run the command "make" but that returns an error that the following command is not valid.
What do I do? How do I compile the source code into a binary that I can dump into my applications folder?

Thank you beforehand
coach_z

coach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: i dont have no mac's

sounds like you might need to be typing that all in x11, and def make sure you are at the right folder location

MoTM honor roll...
when?
i dont remember
xstep

xstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid

Have you installed Apple's development tools? They come with your system, but you can download the latest one from Apple if you create a free developer user account.
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

No duplicate thread per rule 2.

See the thread below for farer suggestions or comments.

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/sho...429#post198429

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!

Thread Closed

« Quick Apple Script Question | help to install dsniff / ettercap »