New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Development and Darwin Discussion and questions about development for Mac OS X.

program such as VS

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Asma

Asma is on a distinguished road

Hello ..

I need a program such as Visual studio , for my os

i need to design a program , and i want it to run in all of systems ( windows , os , lunix )

please any one can give me a linke or name ?

Last edited by Raz0rEdge; 05-14-2014 at 09:52 AM.
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

XCode is the development IDE for OS X that's available for free..

What language were you going to program in? If you want cross platform, then you have to first find a cross-platform framework that will allow you to deploy across those 3 OS'.

Qt is one such C++ framework that's used by many people successfully..

--
Regards
...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

The answer to this question depends on what language you want to code in given that a good portion of them are cross-platform.

As Raz0rEdge noted, QT is a good bet especially since there are bindings available for a whole host of languages.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Personal Twitter
QUOTE Thanks
Asma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz0rEdge View Post
XCode is the development IDE for OS X that's available for free..

What language were you going to program in? If you want cross platform, then you have to first find a cross-platform framework that will allow you to deploy across those 3 OS'.

Qt is one such C++ framework that's used by many people successfully..
i think i will use php language , so if i have XAMP platform , where can i start ?
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute

If you're doing web development, cross platform issues are not a concern.

You can write PHP code in any editor. As far as I know, there are no IDEs like VS for PHP (please correct me someone more knowledgable if I'm wrong).

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
Personal Twitter
QUOTE Thanks
Asma

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansmith View Post
If you're doing web development, cross platform issues are not a concern.

You can write PHP code in any editor. As far as I know, there are no IDEs like VS for PHP (please correct me someone more knowledgable if I'm wrong).
i will write a Desktop program , so when i designing this program on my mac os , i want it so run in another OSs (windows , lunix) ..
the q : where can i start , waht is best program or platform to doing this ?
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

PHP is primarily for web applications. You'd be better off using a language geared towards desktop development.

What languages are you familiar with?

Personal Twitter
QUOTE Thanks
cradom

cradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud ofcradom has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 21in iMac core2 Duo- 13in macbook - 10.9 on both

Might could give this a look: Xojo: Company

Craig Domingue - resident redneck.
QUOTE Thanks
Asma

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansmith View Post
PHP is primarily for web applications. You'd be better off using a language geared towards desktop development.

What languages are you familiar with?
c++ , python , objective c
to be clear my idea is ( i need to design a program for the Lawyer , to submit the cases and the price for it , Clients and insert the database , i need to send reports to ( clients & lawyer ) send messages to thier phone numbers

and a few details alse ( all these actions done from the program i designed from it) , so i think a program such as VS will do what i want , right ?
QUOTE Thanks
Asma

Quote:
Originally Posted by cradom View Post
Might could give this a look: Xojo: Company
yes , that is one of my options .. thank u
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

Any of those languages will accomplish what you want except for Objective-C (which will do that but will be less cross-platform friendly). Python is nice as would C++ with QT bindings and a SQLite database.

Personal Twitter
QUOTE Thanks
Mark FX

Mark FX has a spectacular aura about

I agree with vansmith that Python or C++ would be a good cross platform choice, and to avoid Objective-C as it is OSX and iOS only.

But I would echo cradom's advice about using Xojo for simple cross platform development from a single and user friendly IDE, and it also can be used for Web Application development from the same IDE.

Although I'm an Objective-C and ApplescriptObjC developer at heart, Xojo would be my 1st choice for your cross platform project.

Xojo

Regards Mark
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« OS X development GUI | Icon Overlay »