New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Development and Darwin Discussion and questions about development for Mac OS X.

OsX and Time management

Thread Closed

pmm

pmm is on a distinguished road

Dear all!
I would like to develop a small app that does this trick:

for a certain user, or at best, certain application, fakes the system data.

I'm really at beginning so I don't understand if I can do a very trivial change
in the system time, pb terminal command
Code:
date
, or I can do a
more sophisticated version that in function of which app is running, fakes only
for it system time.

Where I can find information to do it ?

Cheers !
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

Fake system data? or date? What is the end goal of this application?

--
Regards
...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.
pmm

pmm is on a distinguished road

I would like to tell myself which date its to an application

In theory I could tell to all the system which date it is by DATE command
but I would prefer to tell only to a specific application.

It could be any application, in the case it uses standard ways to
understand which is the date

My goal is to extend the time before an app expires after a fixed amount of time

But before this, i really don't understand how the date time information is obtained.

Hope not to have broken any forum rule, asking this thing.
In the case just edit my comment....
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

Yeah that's not legal and we're definitely not helping you with that. Developers spend their time and energy developing apps, if you are using a trial version and like it, pay for it. If not, seek out free alternatives, but don't cheat the developers!

--
Regards
...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.

Thread Closed

« determinate progress bar | Working With ComboBoxes and strings »