New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Development and Darwin Discussion and questions about development for Mac OS X.

execution of c and c++ programs on mac x

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

shashi

shashi is on a distinguished road

hi,,,,,,
i m very new to the mac x,,,,,,,i m studying engineering,,,,i need info about how to execute c and c++ programs????????plz someone help me
and one more query about how to install the files which are .msi formats?????
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

You cannot use MSI files,those are Windows installation files..

If you have the c/c++ sources, you can use Xcode to compile it. Otherwise, you need to be given a Mac binary to execute..

--
Regards
...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Are you trying to execute a program built in C/C++ or compile one? There's a difference here.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
shashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz0rEdge View Post
You cannot use MSI files,those are Windows installation files..

If you have the c/c++ sources, you can use Xcode to compile it. Otherwise, you need to be given a Mac binary to execute..
thank u so much,,,,,,
but can i convert msi files into exe format so that i can run my cd,,,,bez i don't want to switch to windows,,,,
QUOTE Thanks
shashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansmith View Post
Are you trying to execute a program built in C/C++ or compile one? There's a difference here.
thank u for response,,,,,
for compilation then run,,,,,
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashi View Post
thank u so much,,,,,,
but can i convert msi files into exe format so that i can run my cd,,,,bez i don't want to switch to windows,,,,
No, you cannot convert MSI into PKG (the Mac equivalent installer)..besides, if this is a Windows program you are after, then it wouldn't work on a Mac anyway..

--
Regards
...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Quote:
Is it a console program or something else? You're not providing nearly enough information for us to be helpful to you..

--
Regards
...Ashwin

QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Quote:
thank u so much,,,,,,
No, exe files are Windows executables. If you want to manage those, you'll need to run Windows (which you can do on your Mac with either a virtual machine or Boot Camp).

Quote:
You would do it the same way you would on any other platform. You can either install Xcode from the Mac App Store or, if you don't need Xcode, go here, create an account (if you don't already have one) and download the "Command Line Tools" package.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
shashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansmith View Post
No, exe files are Windows executables. If you want to manage those, you'll need to run Windows (which you can do on your Mac with either a virtual machine or Boot Camp).

You would do it the same way you would on any other platform. You can either install Xcode from the Mac App Store or, if you don't need Xcode, go here, create an account (if you don't already have one) and download the "Command Line Tools" package.
thank u so much,,,,now i found Xcode,,,,will install xcode app,,,
QUOTE Thanks
shashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz0rEdge View Post
Is it a console program or something else? You're not providing nearly enough information for us to be helpful to you..
yes its console program oly
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How to wrap display and wrap images in a scroll view | Import a character style to InDesign »