New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Development and Darwin Discussion and questions about development for Mac OS X.

Problem installing xcode

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

dbm

dbm is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Mini 2011, MBPr 15 2013 with i7/16GB both running Mavericks

Hi there,

I am wanting to get starting on coding for OSX / iOS - it was one of my main reasons for moving over to a Mac. I've bought the 'Install Xcode' app from the Apple AppStore. I'm running Lion on an early-2012 15in MacBook Pro.

When I attempt to run the installer, it starts up and I click to start the install then accept the EULA. At this point I am prompted for my password. The input window says that the application is 'trying to add a helper'. I enter my password. The app runs for a short while then I get an error message telling me to access a log.

Finding the log was tricky, but the contents says:

Code:
Failed install preflight: Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=102 "The package “DeveloperTools.pkg” is untrusted." UserInfo=0x7fdb2cc051d0 {NSLocalizedDescription=The package “DeveloperTools.pkg” is untrusted., NSURL=../Packages/DeveloperTools.pkg -- file://localhost/Applications/Install%20Xcode.app/Contents/Resources/Xcode.mpkg/, PKInstallPackageIdentifier=com.apple.pkg.DeveloperToolsLeo, NSUnderlyingError=0x7fdb2cc11140 "The operation couldn’t be completed. CSSMERR_TP_CERT_EXPIRED"}
It also says:
Code:
Install failed: The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.
Pretty poor for an Apple app bought form the app store.

I would appreciate any thoughts or suggestion on what to do to resolve this problem - I'm still very new to using my Mac and completely stumped!
QUOTE Thanks
xstep

xstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid

The only version of Xcode that I know Apple sold on the app store is version 4 (perhaps .2) for Snow Leopard. They no longer sell it. Instead it is free from the app store.

As an alternative, create a free developer account if you haven't already and download Xcode 4.x for Lion.

CameraTime - Time lapse photography for novice and advanced users.

When asking questions, post the version of your software. You'll receive better answers.

Please post your results to the thread as it is good feedback.
QUOTE Thanks
dbm

dbm is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Mini 2011, MBPr 15 2013 with i7/16GB both running Mavericks

Cheers for that. I looks like the app I had downloaded back in February has been superseded before I ever used it

I'm downloading the correct version now!

Edited to add: The new version from the App Store work perfectly. Phew!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Using bash commands in widgets? | mac equivalent for flash/java ? »