New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Development and Darwin Discussion and questions about development for Mac OS X.

QT installation problems

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

tonk

tonk is on a distinguished road

Hello,

I am trying to install QT SDK (Download Qt, the cross-platform application framework — Qt - A cross-platform application and UI framework).

I've tried both downloading .dmg offline installation and online installation.

The first message it throws me is

"You need C++ compiler to be able to install QT SDK. Please install latest version Xcode first before invoking this installer". I do have xcode 4.2.1, so I click ok.

I choose "/Developer/SDKs/qtSDK" as installation folder. Then Agree-> Install.

Then at some point of installation i get this

"Error during installation process (com.nokia.ndk.api.qtcomponents.simulator.gcc):
Can't start process install_name_tool." with Ignore, Retry and Cancel options. I clicked several times retry, doesn't help.

So, i cancel installation, as clicking ignore throws me many other errors.

Then I tried to install QT using homebrew as follows:

brew install qt

wich threw me this warning messages:

Warning: Xcode is not installed! Builds may fail!
Warning: It appears you have MacPorts or Fink installed.
Software installed with other package managers causes known problems for
Homebrew. If a formula fails to build, uninstall MacPorts/Fink and try again.

Now, why it doesn't recognize xcode?

I've checked bug-tracker for qt, found similar problems other users have been having (not exactly the same), and hasn't been resolved yet.

I would appreciate any help I can get,

Thanks in advanced
QUOTE Thanks
jrtmanmd

jrtmanmd is on a distinguished road

Yes, same issue... QT fails to install because it fails to recognize XCode? Does anyone have a solution for this? We need to get QT installed, currently at a stand still.

Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
Mark FX

Mark FX has a spectacular aura about

I would say that the QT developer Network site might have the awnsers to this one, I beleive they have a
forum over there as well.

Qt Developer Network

Sorry I cant help you more, but I don't have QT installed myself.

Good luck with it.

Regards Mark
QUOTE Thanks
tonk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtmanmd View Post
Yes, same issue... QT fails to install because it fails to recognize XCode? Does anyone have a solution for this? We need to get QT installed, currently at a stand still.

Thanks!

Hey, so I posted this a while ago and couple weeks later after posting it i did manage to install the Qt. Unfortunately, I can not help you - I don't know what was different the time installed it successfully. The installation went smooth without any problems and i have no idea what i did different that time - didn't downgrade/upgrade anything. It was a totall voodoo for me.

Try to do the online installation and, I assume you're installing 64-bit version, try to install 32-bit one. Also, I on successful installation, i didn't place it to the developers folder (e.g., it is recommended that you do, but i dunno - that's the only way i could make it to run).
QUOTE Thanks
tonk

Oh and I posted similar posting on the Qt forum - no help there.
QUOTE Thanks
MonLand

MonLand is on a distinguished road

I had the same problem today. I just installed Xcode for Lion and have not used it. After getting the error, I opened a shell and typed "gcc" and got "command not found". Then I opened Xcode, accepted the terms of usage stuff and _downloaded_ and installed everything that was not installed by default. The first thing that went in was the "command line tools". I believe this is what gave me my gcc back and after that the Qt install worked and did not throw any warning.

2 cents!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Calendar interface for cocoa app | How to get widgets to support drag and drop? »