Installed xtools followed all recommendations but make still doesn't work
    Hi,

I am new in this forum so apologies if I don't follow the protocol correctly.

I need to use the "make" command to install some source files. I read and tried everything I saw in this and other forums but I still am getting the following message when I try "make" using the Terminal: "make: command not found". Here is what I have tried so far.

1. I have mac leopard OS (10.5) so I downloaded and installed Xcode 2.5 ( This is the version that is compatible with my OS) in the boot volume.
    2. I confirmed that there is a Developer folder in the following path: "/Xcode2.5/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/Developer"
    3. I also confirmed that both "make" (as an alias) and "gnumake" are there under "/Xcode2.5/usr/bin
    4. echo $PATH gives me:
    "/Users/User/ledaps/ledapsSrc/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11/bin"

HOWEVER when I try "which make" I don't get anything. Just another command prompt.

I tried re-installing Xcode, restarting the computer but nothing works. I would really appreciate any help with this issue

Quote Originally Posted by escandin View Post
    Hi,

I am new in this forum so apologies if I don't follow the protocol correctly.

I need to use the "make" command to install some source files. I read and tried everything I saw in this and other forums but I still am getting the following message when I try "make" using the Terminal: "make: command not found". Here is what I have tried so far.

1. I have mac leopard OS (10.5) so I downloaded and installed Xcode 2.5 ( This is the version that is compatible with my OS) in the boot volume.
    2. I confirmed that there is a Developer folder in the following path: "/Xcode2.5/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/Developer"
    3. I also confirmed that both "make" (as an alias) and "gnumake" are there under "/Xcode2.5/usr/bin
    4. echo $PATH gives me:
    "/Users/User/ledaps/ledapsSrc/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11/bin"

HOWEVER when I try "which make" I don't get anything. Just another command prompt.

I tried re-installing Xcode, restarting the computer but nothing works. I would really appreciate any help with this issue
    Follow up: I didn't realize that there was a newer version of Xcode that was compatible with Mac leopard OS 10.5 ("Xcode 3.1.4"). I downloaded it and it's working beautifully. I wanted to keep this here in case anyone else runs into my same problems in the future.

Thread Information