Thread: Org Chart

Question Org Chart
    How do I download the Org Chart program that is supposed to be available for Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac?

Specs:
    27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3
    How indeed..

you're totally in the wrong forum BTW..

Wouldn't you be able to download this from Microsoft's site if it is indeed available?
    --
    Regards
    ...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.

Specs:
    March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldeacon View Post
    How do I download the Org Chart program that is supposed to be available for Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac?
    What org chart program?? You can use the built in smart art in Power Point to quickly build an org chart.

Can't edit Office 2004 org charts in Office 2011
    I'm just answering this question so don't flame me for wrong forum. I'll post in the correct one, also.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianLachoreVPI View Post
    What org chart program?? You can use the built in smart art in Power Point to quickly build an org chart.
    Yep, you can - from scratch. The problem Aldeacon is having is a known bug. From the Microsoft web site:

"Earlier versions of Office for Mac included Organization Chart, a tool for creating and editing organization charts. Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 does not include Organization Chart. When you open a document that contains an object that was created by using Organization Chart, you can view it, but you cannot edit it."

Because, let's face it; Organizations are static. So whoever worked in whatever position back in 2004 is going to be there forever. It'll never change. And no one on that org chart will ever die, either. Let's all get on an org chart so we become invincible...

According to Microsoft.

So what Aldeacon is looking for is an updated add-in so he can edit his Office 2004 org charts in Office 2011.

And so am I. Mr. Google finds no solutions to this.

Thread Information