New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Development and Darwin Discussion and questions about development for Mac OS X.

installing xcode 4 on leopard 10.6.4

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

skysky

skysky is on a distinguished road

hi
I downloaded xcode 4 today and tried to install it on leopard 10.6.4 but when I double click on "Xcode and iOS SDK.mpkg" file in disk image, I get this error message: "Installer quit unexpectedly".

What is this problem for?

Thanks in advance.
QUOTE Thanks
skysky

skysky is on a distinguished road

Sorry. I think it was just a bad copy problem.
QUOTE Thanks
Mirac7

Mirac7 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by skysky View Post
hi
I downloaded xcode 4 today and tried to install it on leopard 10.6.4 but when I double click on "Xcode and iOS SDK.mpkg" file in disk image, I get this error message: "Installer quit unexpectedly".

What is this problem for?

Thanks in advance.
I agree. It may be the bad copy, but I'd like to say that if you have 10.6.4, then you don't have leopard, or if you have leopard you don't have 10.6.4

Secondly, if you have leopard, then you CANNOT install xcode 4, as it is supported by snow leopard and lion only...
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirac7 View Post
I agree. It may be the bad copy, but I'd like to say that if you have 10.6.4, then you don't have leopard, or if you have leopard you don't have 10.6.4

Secondly, if you have leopard, then you CANNOT install xcode 4, as it is supported by snow leopard and lion only...
Also 4.0.x will install on 10.6.x boxes, but 4.1.x won't. Although it will implicitly tell you that Lion is required, so I don't think this is the same problem

I think the copy is bad. That is, if you're running 10.6

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
Willpower101

Willpower101 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirac7 View Post

10.6.x is snow leopard. 10.5.x and less requires xcode 3.x and less.

Mac OS X Snow Leopard (version 10.6) is the seventh major release of Mac OS X, Apple's desktop and server operating system for Macintosh computers.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Strange problems with awk | Script to mount volume (external drive or disk image) which won't mount..? »