New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Development and Darwin Discussion and questions about development for Mac OS X.

help needed to link up buttons on HUD Window to Applescript

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

nick_harambee

nick_harambee is on a distinguished road

Hi

I have very limited experience of XCode, though I did build a very simple application some time ago that appended text to the Comments field of the currently playing track in iTunes using Applescript. The design of this app was basically just a set of drop down menus.

I now want to redesign this as a HUD Window, and thought it best to start again. Unfortunately because it was a while ago I have forgotten the steps I took to design the original app and having done some reading and googling I am still stuck.

What I have done so far is to create a new Cocoa Application, design a HUD Window with all the necessary buttons in IB and add the Applescript from the original project to the Classes Folder in XCode. The AppleScript basically just consists of a series of arguments like this:

Code:
on tempo3_(aNotification)
		tell application "iTunes"

set current track's comment to ((get current track's comment) & " " & "tempo:3")

end tell
	end tempo3_
In the original document the Applescript was listed in the MainMenu.xib window in IB as an App Delegate and I could ctrl click on buttons/menu items and link them to the various applescript instances/arguments in the Applescript, but since I copied the applescript from the old project to the new it isn't showing up in the MainMenu.xib window, so I'm obviously missing out an important step, and wonder if someone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Nick

OS X 10.5.7
Mac Pro
2 x 3 GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon
8 GB RAM
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« freelance software developer OSX | Terminal Command to open most recently modified .Numbers file ??? »