New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Development and Darwin Discussion and questions about development for Mac OS X.

Need help to create installer for Apache,mysql,php

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Bhavik

Bhavik is on a distinguished road

Hi All,

I need help to build the installer to configure apache,mysql as a service . I want to build my own environment to run php applications.

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
xstep

xstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid

Apache and PHP are already installed. A MySQL install is available for OS X user and likely has an easy install, or normal install process. Setup Apache to handle PHP and auto start MySQL and you are done. To note; I believe MySQL comes preinstalled on OS X Server.

CameraTime - Time lapse photography for novice and advanced users.

When asking questions, post the version of your software. You'll receive better answers.

Please post your results to the thread as it is good feedback.
QUOTE Thanks
Nethfel

Nethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10

Another option too - if you just want a test environment that you can easily remove later you can always get XAmpp ( apache friends - xampp for mac os x ) or mamp ( MAMP: Mac, Apache, MySQL, PHP ). These will install into the applications directory and are folders that contain the full web hierarchy as well as the appropriate applications - nice and easy fully self contained without really affecting much of the rest of the OS.

My Macs: Late 2013 rMBP w/ 750m; Mac mini G4, 1.25 GHz, 512m ram (server); Late 2011 11" MBA, 1.8GHz i7, 4Gig Ram, 256Gig SSD, HD3000; Powerbook 12" G4 1.33GHz running Debian as a server; Apple TV (1080p version)
QUOTE Thanks
Bhavik

Hi ,

I really appreciate for your quick reply . i want to create my own installer package just like xampp . Installer should be capable to configure any port (not 80) for apache , (not 3306) mysql. By using this i want to deploy my php project.

I have seen same installer for the one php project Nolapro . but it supports windows OS.

Thanks
Bhavesh
QUOTE Thanks
Nethfel

Nethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10

Oh, I think I see - you want to build a complete package with apache, mysql, php and your own website/php script files so the user would then just plunk (or install, I don't remember what mamp does off hand, been a long time since I threw it on my system) that into applications folder and launch the apps from within there (or I assume a launcher that you would write)...

Hmm, my ONLY guess would be is you would have to create your folder hierarchy, get apache, mysql, php to all be installed into there, modify their config files to change their folder references, then create your distributable (install package or drag and drop package within a dmg) for the user to install. The most critical would be a launcher so it would launch apache/mysql/etc for you so you can always make sure to pass the appropriate current path to the apps for the configs instead of letting them launch apache manually which would search specific folders for configs if it's not given certain command line arguments.

My Macs: Late 2013 rMBP w/ 750m; Mac mini G4, 1.25 GHz, 512m ram (server); Late 2011 11" MBA, 1.8GHz i7, 4Gig Ram, 256Gig SSD, HD3000; Powerbook 12" G4 1.33GHz running Debian as a server; Apple TV (1080p version)
QUOTE Thanks
Bhavik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nethfel View Post
Oh, I think I see - you want to build a complete package with apache, mysql, php and your own website/php script files so the user would then just plunk (or install, I don't remember what mamp does off hand, been a long time since I threw it on my system) that into applications folder and launch the apps from within there (or I assume a launcher that you would write)...

Hmm, my ONLY guess would be is you would have to create your folder hierarchy, get apache, mysql, php to all be installed into there, modify their config files to change their folder references, then create your distributable (install package or drag and drop package within a dmg) for the user to install. The most critical would be a launcher so it would launch apache/mysql/etc for you so you can always make sure to pass the appropriate current path to the apps for the configs instead of letting them launch apache manually which would search specific folders for configs if it's not given certain command line arguments.
I will try use these steps.

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Compile Snow Leopard app on G5? | Obj C build errors in SnowLeopard »