New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Development and Darwin Discussion and questions about development for Mac OS X.

Browser Idea

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

Ok this is what I sent Apple through Safari's bug menu.. I would love to see something like this in any browser.. I just might use it if it had something like this!

------
This is more of an idea.. it would be nice to have a feature that basically saved the state of the browser.. so let's say you have a couple windows open with a couple tabs each.. then you install an OS update and have to restart.. So I would click on your "Save Browser State" menu option and then restart the computer.. after it reboots you load up Safari and then select the "Execute/Return Browser State" and it would open those windows and tabs exactly like you had them...
------

Ideas? Thoughts? Any of you have some pull with any browsers?
QUOTE Thanks
Padawan

Padawan has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlyn
Ok this is what I sent Apple through Safari's bug menu.. I would love to see something like this in any browser.. I just might use it if it had something like this!

------
This is more of an idea.. it would be nice to have a feature that basically saved the state of the browser.. so let's say you have a couple windows open with a couple tabs each.. then you install an OS update and have to restart.. So I would click on your "Save Browser State" menu option and then restart the computer.. after it reboots you load up Safari and then select the "Execute/Return Browser State" and it would open those windows and tabs exactly like you had them...
------

Ideas? Thoughts? Any of you have some pull with any browsers?
I like it. I don't suppose you could also suggest to them that the Google search bar also have a "highlight" feature? That's the one thing I really miss about IE on my old PC laptop.

~ Support the LANCE ARMSTRONG FOUNDATION -- LAF.org ~

Do you drive a Civic, Del Sol, or Integra & want more power & tighter steering feel? Click here for my inexpensive DIY Power-Steering Removal Kits.
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all

Yeah I sure can, but the reason I was posting that was so that all of you can also use that nifty little bug menu at the top right and send them an email about it also... Now that you mentioned the highlighting feature.. Im going to send that to them.. everyone send both ideas to Apple! I would love to have those features in Safari
QUOTE Thanks
Graphite

Graphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display

Wow, nice idea. I thought of something like that, but then iCab came out with my idea, of saving everything on webpages so you don't need to be online to get the info, and the cache is like a couple mb and lasts for ever.

I like your idea better
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Hmm.. maybe I need to start spreading this idea to other browsers that way someone will do it.. I really do think it's a great idea and I'd love to see it!
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Well I just submitted it to most all the other browsers.. I didnt to Mozilla because they made me jump through every hoop there was just so I could send them the idea.. so I decided they don't get the idea.. too bad for them!
QUOTE Thanks
MacAddikt

MacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: G52x1.81.53208x+/-

cant you download the source code for a mozilla browser and try your idea?

QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

yeah I think I can download it, but since Im a web developer I wouldnt have any idea how to implement something like that
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Opera emailed me back:

Windows > Save Window State

or on the PC

File > Sessions > Save sessions

Looks like I wasnt the first to have the idea *hehe* I just might have to check Opera out again.. Safari better get their act together.. after looking at a couple other browsers I am seeing things I really like..
QUOTE Thanks
MacAddikt

MacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of light

i think omniweb has that option, but i didnt know it would save tabs or what page you had open

QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Im definitely going to need to go and check out those other browsers again.. one thing I don't like about safari is that I can't tab to drop down menus or checkbox's radio's etc..
QUOTE Thanks
MacAddikt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlyn
one thing I don't like about safari is that I can't tab to drop down menus or checkbox's radio's etc..
i think that has more to do with the whole apple UI than safari by itself.

QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Well I just know when I used IE I could do it.. so I really miss it
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Project Builder Questions | Darwin 7.0 source code posted »