New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Development and Darwin Discussion and questions about development for Mac OS X.

Launching an application while executing an applescript?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Commander_FarkU

Commander_FarkU is on a distinguished road

I'm very new to applescript, first day of trying to do anything.

What I am trying to do is, when a game starts up I want it to run a script that will change my function keys to standard function keys. I have a script for it,
------------------------------------------------
tell application "System Events"
if not UI elements enabled then
set UI elements enabled to true
end if
end tell

--Enable/Disable "Use all F1, F2, etc. keys as standard function keys" option in Keyboard & Mouse Preference pane and close System Preferences
tell application "System Events"
tell application "System Preferences"
reveal anchor "keyboardTab" of pane "com.apple.preference.keyboard"
end tell
click checkbox "Use all F1, F2, etc. keys as standard function keys" of tab group 1 of window "Keyboard & Mouse" of application process "System Preferences"
end tell
if application "System Preferences" is running then
tell application "System Preferences" to quit
end if

------------------------------------------------
but I can't figure out how to get it to run when the application starts. Is this even possible? I would appreciate any help.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Where is the allocation file? | XCode/C++ Help »