New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Development and Darwin Discussion and questions about development for Mac OS X.

I can not find projectbuilder

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

yiannis

yiannis is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: imac- macbook pro

I have installed the last version of Xcode but I can not find the assistant of projectbuilder or the familiar window.Could you help me how to find them and open?
QUOTE Thanks
xstep

xstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid

It should be in a folder named Developer/Applications at the top level of your drive.

Assuming you are running a recent version of OS X, you can search for XCode using Spotlight.

CameraTime - Time lapse photography for novice and advanced users.

When asking questions, post the version of your software. You'll receive better answers.

Please post your results to the thread as it is good feedback.
QUOTE Thanks
yiannis

sir, in the folder applications of developer there are the files:audio, dashcode, graphics tools, instruments, interface builder, performance tools, quartz composer, utilities and xcode but no project builder
QUOTE Thanks
yiannis

there is a file in :developer/makefiles/coreOS/PROJECTBUILDER/makefile.postable.comm on but it does not open it
QUOTE Thanks
xstep

xstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid

XCode is the new ProjectBuilder. To get the old Project Builder will require installing an older version of the tool. I can't remember which version or when Apple stopped distributing it.

CameraTime - Time lapse photography for novice and advanced users.

When asking questions, post the version of your software. You'll receive better answers.

Please post your results to the thread as it is good feedback.
QUOTE Thanks
yiannis

thank you Sir
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by xstep View Post
XCode is the new ProjectBuilder. To get the old Project Builder will require installing an older version of the tool. I can't remember which version or when Apple stopped distributing it.
7 years ago according to the wiki

Quote:
The Xcode suite, like Mac OS X itself, has its roots in technology from NeXT. Prior to the October 24, 2003 release of Mac OS X v10.3, Apple referred to the suite of tools as "Developer Tools". The Xcode IDE was developed from and superseded Apple's earlier IDE, Project Builder, which was inherited and rewritten from NeXT's IDE of the same name.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Request with a Developer? | installer builder for OS X »