New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Development and Darwin Discussion and questions about development for Mac OS X.

Weird Python or Shell issue

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

goldfish

goldfish is on a distinguished road

I noticed today that some of my python mods were not installing correctly, for example NUMPY.

When I called python from the command line (tcsh or bash) I get

"python: execv: /Applications/scisoft/i386/Packages/Python-2.5.4/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/Resources/Python.app/Contents/MacOS/Python: No such file or directory"

Can't seem to convince the machine to use the correct version of python. Can't find out where it's getting this path. However it does only do it on my login. Other logins python works fine.

Any ideas as to whats going to and how to fix it. It doesn't appear to be in my login or cshrc.....

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
CosmicThespian

CosmicThespian is on a distinguished road

I'm curious to see if you found a resolution to this problem -- I'm having the same issue (though my difficulty comes from recently installing scisoft.....python just doesn't seem to work at all!)
QUOTE Thanks
Bill McEnaney

Bill McEnaney is on a distinguished road

I'm a Mac noob. So please forgive me because my possible solution may be inelegant, a little user-unfriendly, or both. If all else fails, could you:

1. cd /usr/local/bin
2. use ln -s to create a symbolic link to the correct Python interpreter
3. use that link to invoke that interpreter?

If you can't create a direct symlink to that interpreter, you might create a symlink to a shell script that told the computer to run the interpreter. Say you can run the correct Python interpreter by typing "open -a python3.0." Could you then put that "open" command into a one-line script?

If you use the C Shell, you might even add alias to your .cshrc file to name the "open" command you give to run the Python interpreter.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« XCode/C++ Help | Switch Displays w/ Applescript »