Weird Python or Shell issue
    I noticed today that some of my python mods were not installing correctly, for example NUMPY.

When I called python from the command line (tcsh or bash) I get

"python: execv: /Applications/scisoft/i386/Packages/Python-2.5.4/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/Resources/ No such file or directory"

Can't seem to convince the machine to use the correct version of python. Can't find out where it's getting this path. However it does only do it on my login. Other logins python works fine.

Any ideas as to whats going to and how to fix it. It doesn't appear to be in my login or cshrc.....

I'm curious to see if you found a resolution to this problem -- I'm having the same issue (though my difficulty comes from recently installing scisoft.....python just doesn't seem to work at all!)

I'm a Mac noob. So please forgive me because my possible solution may be inelegant, a little user-unfriendly, or both. If all else fails, could you:

1. cd /usr/local/bin
    2. use ln -s to create a symbolic link to the correct Python interpreter
    3. use that link to invoke that interpreter?

If you can't create a direct symlink to that interpreter, you might create a symlink to a shell script that told the computer to run the interpreter. Say you can run the correct Python interpreter by typing "open -a python3.0." Could you then put that "open" command into a one-line script?

If you use the C Shell, you might even add alias to your .cshrc file to name the "open" command you give to run the Python interpreter.

Thread Information