New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Development and Darwin Discussion and questions about development for Mac OS X.

AppleScript Help Needed: Delete Watched TV Shows in iTunes

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

AustinMatherne

AustinMatherne is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Apple MacBook Pro 17"

First off, I'm extremely new to AppleScripting, I've only read a few beginners guides and I'm just starting to understand how it all works. But you gotta start somewhere right?

What I'm trying to create is an AppleScript that will delete any watched TV Show from both the iTunes database and the physical video files. I figure that if I create a smart playlist in iTunes that pulls in every TV Show with a play count greater than 0 it should make deleting the shows a bit easer.

If anyone knows how to do this and could point me in the right direction, I would truly appreciate it.

Thanks,

~ Austin
QUOTE Thanks
AustinMatherne

AustinMatherne is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Apple MacBook Pro 17"

I've got the script below which seems to work perfectly, but I'm stuck on adding an error check so that if it doesn't find anything to delete it won't display an error. If anyone knows how to do this, I'd truly appreciate the help.

Code:
tell application "iTunes"
 	set filesToDelete to location of (file tracks whose (video kind is TV show) and (unplayed is false))
 	delete (tracks whose (video kind is TV show) and (unplayed is false))
 end tell
 tell application "Finder"
 	repeat with theFile in filesToDelete
 		delete theFile
 	end repeat
 end tell
Thanks,

~ Austin
QUOTE Thanks
Babkockdood

Babkockdood is on a distinguished road

Control-click. Error Handlers > Message and OK.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« help with termianal | I cannot properly install gcc and gfortran »