New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Development and Darwin Discussion and questions about development for Mac OS X.

Old programming on New Mac ?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Can anyone tell me if it can be done and what app i would need to run this code, considering if its even possible Cheers
Written in BASIC
I am NOT a programmer but i found a old book and it bought back memories from my Commodore 64 days .... I think lol

Code:
10 PRINT "ALIENS SQUARE ALONG"
20 INPUT A
30 PRINT "ALIENS SQUARE UP"
40 INPUT B
50 CLS
60 PRINT "COMMANDO'S SQUARE ALONG"
70 INPUT C
80 PRINT "COMMANDO'S SQUARE UP"
90 INPUT D
100 CLS
110 LET X=SQR((A-C)*(A-C)+(B-D)*(B-D))
120 PRINT "YOU ARE NOW"
130 PRINT X;"SPACE UNITS APART""
140 IF X<1.5 THEN PRINT "ALIEN FOUND"
150 IF X<1.5 THEN STOP
155 PRINT "WHAT ARE THERE NEW POSITIONS"
160 GOTO 10
170 END
Anything would help... Thanks

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
cuhnool

cuhnool is a jewel in the roughcuhnool is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3

lol!! BASIC! There was a single program I found out on the interwebs, but I forgot the name of it. . . let me search it again. Used to do BASIC programming last semester, now I'm up into C++

Fun. . .

So all I could find was Chipmunk Basic (free).

QUOTE Thanks
VegasGeorge

VegasGeorge is a jewel in the roughVegasGeorge is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac, and Macbook Pro

That looks exactly like the basic I learned on my Radio Shack Model 100. That must have been back in 1983. It had an entire 8 kb of memory, and I paid over $1,000 for it. I still have it, and it still works!
QUOTE Thanks
cuhnool

Mac Specs: MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3

Just did a read-through of the program. What is it supposed to do?

By the way, a classmate and I made a game in BASIC code, I could get the code, and send it to you so you can play it if you use Chipmunk Basic. It's pretty fun

P.S. I also know of a website that has a BUNCH of BASIC games. Maybe it's the same as your book?

QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Mate i will have a look at the LINK you gave me. Excellent Yea has been a long time since a have touch any of this.
That game is the game you can see in the pic ^^
Would be good of ya to send that code will be great ..... Will look at Chipmunk ....
Ill PM my email

Cheers

Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
cuhnool

Sounds great! We're supposed to be getting a good amount of snow tomorrow, and there is the possibility of school being closed, so I may not be able to get the code right away. The same classmate I made the game with has the link to the website, I'll get it from him.

No, it wasn't the same book. But! there could be similar or identical games. I just know that there are A LOT

QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGeorge View Post
That must have been back in 1983. It had an entire 8 kb of memory, and I paid over $1,000 for it. I still have it, and it still works!
But do you still use it

@ cunhool Yep cool mate.. No hurry here got some intensive reading with this gem of a book Haha
I reckon there would be a few out there....

Enjoy the snow !!!!!

QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Wow, that brings back memories. I typed basic code sometimes for hours to get programs running back in my Commodore 64 and later Atari 8-Bit days. A close friend and I (mostly him) wrote a XTGold, Norton Commander type file manager for the Atari 8-Bit and Sparta Dos. It works great to this day.
QUOTE Thanks
pjhutch

pjhutch has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Another Basic you can try is RealBasic from REAL Software: REALbasic, Best Development Tool for Mac, Windows and Linux
QUOTE Thanks
cuhnool

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooedMac View Post
But do you still use it

@ cunhool Yep cool mate.. No hurry here got some intensive reading with this gem of a book Haha
I reckon there would be a few out there....

Enjoy the snow !!!!!
Sent you a PM (finally got the code)

Tested it out, it seems that it wasn't our final version, because it's a bit choppy on changing levels and ending, but it is still fully playable.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPhone Development Course | objdump »