New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Development and Darwin Discussion and questions about development for Mac OS X.

Software beta testers needed.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mbohn

mbohn will become famous soon enough

From this thread I know a lot of you are motorheads and I could use some help from 3 or 4 of you.

For the past couple of years I've been developing an engine simulation code. It's at the point where some feedback from users would be a big help.

Basically, if you've ever wanted to design an engine on paper and then find out how well it performed, this project may be of interest to you.

It would be best if you had a good working understanding of engine components and performance parameters, but you don't necessarily need to be an engineer.

If you are interested, drop me a PM.

www.dynostep.com
engine simulation software
QUOTE Thanks
mbohn

Thanks, guys. I've got all the beta testers I can handle right now.

www.dynostep.com
QUOTE Thanks
OnlyTimeWillTel

OnlyTimeWillTel can only hope to improve
Mac Specs: see sig...

Crap...I'm too late...

eMac 1.5ghz, 256mb ram, 40gb hdd, Sony cd burner
2g iPod Shuffle 1gb, 2g iPod Touch 16gb

<Rep is overrated>
QUOTE Thanks
mbohn

There will be more testing needed at a later date. Stay tuned.

www.dynostep.com
QUOTE Thanks
supercomet32

supercomet32 is on a distinguished road

ok so le tm eput it like this som eof us are motorheads and some of us are also connected in the motorsports field where engines are designed constantly and new ideas are rampant. do you need another arm chair quaterback or do you need soemone with connections to real worl dteams needing information on real world ideas on internals of engines which will be built regardless of your program and budgeted between 20k-30k per engine....now that i hopefully have your attention do you really think shadetree mechanics are going to advance your progress when it comes time to market or do you think raceteams with engine builders and machineshop contact smight be an additional marke tto sell your program....if you truly listened to what i say and see value in adding me to the team of testers i can say without question that i have some ideas to put your program through its paces...and might even show you things you havent though of
QUOTE Thanks
mbohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercomet32 View Post
ok so le tm eput it like this som eof us are motorheads and some of us are also connected in the motorsports field where engines are designed constantly and new ideas are rampant. do you need another arm chair quaterback or do you need soemone with connections to real worl dteams needing information on real world ideas on internals of engines which will be built regardless of your program and budgeted between 20k-30k per engine....now that i hopefully have your attention do you really think shadetree mechanics are going to advance your progress when it comes time to market or do you think raceteams with engine builders and machineshop contact smight be an additional marke tto sell your program....if you truly listened to what i say and see value in adding me to the team of testers i can say without question that i have some ideas to put your program through its paces...and might even show you things you havent though of
At the present stage of development, yes, even an engine tech can give me useful feedback. That's why I originally solicited most anyone who knows engines. I've presently got an engineer who works for an engine-development firm giving feedback as well as a race-engine builder. Both have provided very useful feedback on the results of my code and have resulted in some significant improvements.

But you are correct that feedback from a raceteam environment would be good. I see that as one of my most interesting end-users. Putting my code "through its paces" is exactly what I'm looking for. I'll be sure to let you know when I'm ready for the next stage of testing.

www.dynostep.com
QUOTE Thanks
mbohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyTimeWillTel View Post
Crap...I'm too late...
Sent you a pm.

www.dynostep.com
QUOTE Thanks