New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Development and Darwin Discussion and questions about development for Mac OS X.

C# Winform on Mac System

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

liangchenjordan

liangchenjordan is on a distinguished road

Hi, I am very new for Mac system development. I developed winform by using c#.net . It works on Windows but not Mac.

Can i run .exe on Mac?

My project needs to download some data from a SQL table through webservice.

what language can i use to develop on Mac J2SE , ASP.net....etc

if anyone can give me any idea, i really appreciate.

Sorry about my english.
QUOTE Thanks
wmprice1240

wmprice1240 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MBP 2.33 4GB: MacPro 8 Core 2.8, 16GB: MacMini 2.26 4GB: MacMin 2.53 4GB: iPhone3GS 32GB

Welcome to the forums.
Quote:
Can i run .exe on Mac?
Not natively as the .exe binary format is native to Windows. The only way you can run an .exe is through some sort of emulation/virtualization software. Darwine is a project that allows you to run some Windows applications on OSX. VMWare, Parallels and VirtualBox are VM solutions that allow you to run Windows as a 'guest' operating system under OSX.

Quote:
My project needs to download some data from a SQL table through webservice.
Webservices are language independent so you have a variety of options for accomplishing this task.

Quote:
what language can i use to develop on Mac J2SE , ASP.net....etc
You have a very wide variety of choices, your decision is largely influenced by what sort of application you want to write.

OSX native applications are typically written using a language called Objective-C. The XCode IDE is the primary development environment with a framework called Cocoa as one of the primary development APIs. XCode can be found on your OSX install disks, or downloaded from the Mac developer site. OSX provides API's for web service integration. A wealth of documentation can be found in the XCode documentation.

OSX provides a J2SE (Java) environment. OSX 10.5 (Leopard) natively provides Java 1.4 and Java 1.5 as well as Java 1.6 via an optional download. OSX 10.6 (Snow Leopard) provides Java 1.6 only, though you can download an older version of 1.5 if necessary. One of the main development IDE's for Java is Eclipse which is open source.

OSX also allows for Python, Ruby, C, C++ etc. Again, you have quite a few options at your disposal.
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Depending on the complexity of your .NET application, you might be able to run it through Mono but I can't guarantee that it will work. It's worth a try though. Just test it thoroughly first if it is really important that the application work.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Personal Twitter
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

yea, it does work.. I can attest.. but it's about as buggy as the first 14 years of WINE was

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
xstep

xstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid

What Vansmith means is, even if it looks like it is working, it still will need independent testing on the Mac.

CameraTime - Time lapse photography for novice and advanced users.

When asking questions, post the version of your software. You'll receive better answers.

Please post your results to the thread as it is good feedback.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Questions about coding for my mac | Snow Leopard and Cox WebMail »