New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Development and Darwin Discussion and questions about development for Mac OS X.

GCC Error.....

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Srinivasa

Srinivasa is on a distinguished road

Hi Good Morning,

This is Srinivas. I'm doing a small application using Python and MySQL as front end and backend in MAC OS X. I have downloaded the MySQL from MySQL.com and also I have downloaded MySQLdb from sourceforge.com. After that I have modified the setup_posix.py. When I was install the setup.py from terminal I'm getting this error.
running install
running bdist_egg
running egg_info
writing MySQL_python.egg-info/PKG-INFO
writing top-level names to MySQL_python.egg-info/top_level.txt
writing dependency_links to MySQL_python.egg-info/dependency_links.txt
reading manifest file 'MySQL_python.egg-info/SOURCES.txt'
reading manifest template 'MANIFEST.in'
writing manifest file 'MySQL_python.egg-info/SOURCES.txt'
installing library code to build/bdist.macosx-10.5-i386/egg
running install_lib
running build_py
copying MySQLdb/release.py -> build/lib.macosx-10.5-i386-2.5/MySQLdb
running build_ext
building '_mysql' extension
gcc -fno-strict-aliasing -Wno-long-double -no-cpp-precomp -mno-fused-madd -fno-common -dynamic -DNDEBUG -g -Os -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -DMACOSX -I/usr/include/ffi -DENABLE_DTRACE -pipe -Dversion_info=(1,2,2,'final',0) -D__version__=1.2.2 -I/usr/local/mysql/include -I/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/include/python2.5 -c _mysql.c -o build/temp.macosx-10.5-i386-2.5/_mysql.o -g -Os -arch i386 -fno-common -D_P1003_1B_VISIBLE -DSIGNAL_WITH_VIO_CLOSE -DSIGNALS_DONT_BREAK_READ -DIGNORE_SIGHUP_SIGQUIT -DDONT_DECLARE_CXA_PURE_VIRTUAL
unable to execute gcc: No such file or directory
error: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1
So, Please suggest me how to go further.
Thank You in advance.....
Warm Regards....
Srinivas.
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

do a which gcc

lets make sure you have that first.

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

NOTE: Thread moved to appropriate forum. Not just anything goes in Anything Goes

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
Srinivasa

Srinivasa is on a distinguished road

Good Morning Sir/Madam,

Where The GCC finds. Can u give me a link or the url please.....

Thank You in advance...
QUOTE Thanks
cradom

cradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21in iMac core2 Duo- 13in macbook - 10.9 on both

Xcode, and gcc, is not normally installed with the system. You can find it on your install disk, or download it from Apple Developer Connection.
Apple Developer Connection

Craig Domingue - resident redneck.
“Never argue with an idiot. He will only bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.”, George Carlin
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Simplest Instructions for Compiling | Ruby with MacPorts in bash help? »