New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Development and Darwin Discussion and questions about development for Mac OS X.

How to get permissisions to remove directory in Mac OS X?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

neha

neha is on a distinguished road

Hi all

I am working on QT4.4 on my mac intel 10.4.11 machine..

I am trying to remove directories recursively using Qt4.4 , but some of the dirs are still left, i dont understand why, whether they dont have permissions or something else, and also not able to remove the root dir, infact i m login as a root user.....who have all rights and permissions

The piece of code is working fine for WINDOWS...I dont understand the reason why its not working in MAC.

Pls help, if anybody is having any idea about this...., I wil be really greatful to u all

regards
neha
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

what errors are you getting?

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

and what directory/folders are you trying to remove?

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
neha

neha is on a distinguished road

Thanks for all replies, Problem is solved.
i am trying to remove empty folders, but the folders are not empty, they contain some hidden files that are generated by the MAC, now i am removing first that hidden files and after that empty folders........Sorry i thought i dont hav permissions.

Regards
neha
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

rm -Rf will do that too

mike
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysfunction View Post
rm -Rf will do that too
Or as Dysfunction suggested with the i option as in:

rm -irf

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Yes, interactive can be handy.. not so much for automated processes though

mike
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« C++ to Terminal Question | Change terminal user name »