New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Development and Darwin Discussion and questions about development for Mac OS X.

X11 lib file

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

sanjaykp

sanjaykp is on a distinguished road

Hi to all Mac Member
Recently i have purchase the Mac book.
Now i am trying to install the some software for which x11 lib file is require.
I have tried to install with DVD which came along with Notebook. I also tried to update the xcode3.dmg.
But still my software is unable to locate the lib file.
I have manually search the file in /usr/X11/lib....
that folder is avialble in my system.

Can anyone suggest that how to install lib file in notebook and in which package it is avialable.
if possible send the link to download the lib file.
Thanks in advance.
Sanjay
QUOTE Thanks
cradom

cradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21in iMac core2 Duo- 13in macbook - 10.9 on both

Would be helpful if we knew which lib file you're looking for?
There are several. Also what exactly are you trying to install?

Craig Domingue - resident redneck.
“Never argue with an idiot. He will only bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.”, George Carlin
QUOTE Thanks
sanjaykp

I am trying to install the gamit software for GPS data processing and for that lib file in require. i am sending the path which gamit software is require.

#Specific for MacOSX
X11LIBPATH /usr/X11/lib
X11INCPATH /usr/X11/include/X11
once i am giving this path. The error occured in the gamit.
So i enquire to the concern person and he said that please check the lib file. becuase the error which is coming is due to only lib file.
QUOTE Thanks
cradom

cradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant future

Are you installing from source? You need to add the directories to your $PATH in your .bashrc file.

Code:
PATH=/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/X11R6/lib:/usr/X11R6/include:/usr/X11R6/man:$PATH
export PATH
What error messages are you getting?

“Never argue with an idiot. He will only bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.”, George Carlin
QUOTE Thanks
sanjaykp

Hello,
I was out of station for long time. Thanks for relpying me. i am sending the error message below.
I have search the .bashrc file in /etc but could not locate. so i have made a .bashrc file and gave the path accordingly. is it ok? i have not yet executing afterwoard a gamit program.
ranlib com_lib.a
ranlib: archive member: com_lib.a(memassign.o) cputype (7) does not match previous archive members cputype (18) (all members must match)
ranlib: archive member: com_lib.a(getdir_gftn.o) cputype (7) does not match previous archive members cputype (18) (all members must match)
ranlib: archive member: com_lib.a(getmac_gftn.o) cputype (7) does not match previous archive members cputype (18) (all members must match)
ranlib: archive member: com_lib.a(inkey_gftn.o) cputype (7) does not match previous archive members cputype (18) (all members must match)
ranlib: archive member: com_lib.a(irename_gftn.o) cputype (7) does not match previous archive members cputype (18) (all members must match)
ranlib: archive member: com_lib.a(pickfn_gftn.o) cputype (7) does not match previous archive members cputype (18) (all members must match)
make: *** [com_lib.a] Error 1
Failure in make_gamit -- install_software terminated
sanjaykp-macbook:gg10_33 sanjayprajapati$
QUOTE Thanks
cradom

Creating your own .bashrc file in your home folder is fine, that's what you're supposed to do.
After doing this, did you start your install from scratch? Or did you just run make again?
If you started from .configure again, looks like there's a coding error somewhere.
Those error messages aren't complaining about a missing lib, it's getting a different response than what it's expecting from what's in the code.
Is this code specifically for Macintosh? If not, it might need to be rewritten or a prefix used, for example:
.configure --cpu=PPC
or something similar. Read the README that came with the source for the specifics.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Darwin issues, ive tried most things, any advice greatly appreciated! | Need help with importing »